We have been working in veterinary medicine since 1947


FATRO
 was founded in Forlì in 1947 by Gualtiero Zaini (a pharmacist and veterinarian) and his son Corrado Zaini (a chemist) in a small veterinary pharmaceutical laboratory in a building spared by the bombs. Corrado Zaini took the reins of the company even before graduating from University.

FATRO products became ever more appreciated and, in 1963, Dr. Zaini built the first plant of 1,200 m² in Ozzano Emilia (BO).
The company organisation very quickly took on industrial dimensions with research laboratories and different production lines, with sales and after-sales services to veterinarians and breeders.
 

Since then, great strides have been taken and that small laboratory saved from the bombs in the war was transformed into a Pharmaceutical group which includes various companies all operating exclusively in the veterinary field. Today the Fatro Group is the pride of the Italian veterinary pharmaceutical sector, and remains the only independent, completely Italian-owned, international-scale company in the sector.

 

The production plants in Ozzano Emilia, Bologna cover an area of 105,000 m². Drugs are developed there for all animal species and vaccines for cattle, swine, sheep, goats, rabbits and fish, while the production of poultry vaccines takes place at the Maclodio plant in Brescia, which today occupies an area of 11,500 m².

 

FATRO has its own subsidiary companies in Spain, Greece, Poland, the Czech Republic, Argentina, Uruguay and India and exports to over 90 countries.
The FATRO Group currently employs over 700 people throughout the world and can boast that, over these recent years of crisis, it has not reduced its workforce but has, indeed, expanded it. This is very important for a Group which considers human resources to be an indispensable factor in obtaining excellence in quality, innovation and efficiency.

The FATRO intuitions and production choices inspired by Dr. Zaini have contributed to making a wide range of products available to veterinarians, following the company philosophy which can be summarised in its mission statement: “animal health your health”.
This is a mission which FATRO always insisted should not merely be a form of words but the concrete, everyday operational reality, in response to the preventive-therapeutic needs of both livestock animals and companion animals. 


TIMELINE

1947

Corrado Zaini establishes FATRO in Forlì

1960

New plant established in Ozzano Emilia (BO), covering an area of 5,000 m2

1972

Enlargement of production facilities

1980

Acquisition of ATI

1985

Enlargement of production facilities Ozzano Emilia (BO)

1986

Acquisition of NEUVA Maclodio (BS)

1989

Enlargement of production facilities Ozzano Emilia (BO)

1993

Enlargement of production facilities Maclodio (BS)

1995

Acquisition of FATRO-FEDAGRO - Uruguay

1996

Research and Development (R&D) Centre - Species of zootechnical interest

1997

Acquisition of FATRO-VON FRANKEN - Argentine

1998

Establishment of FATRO-POLSKA - Poland

1999

Acquisition of BIOPHARM - Rep. Czech 
Enlargement of production facilities Ozzano Emilia (BO)

2000

Acquisition of FATRO-IBERICA - Spain

2004

Enlargement of production facilities Maclodio (BS)

2005

Acquisition of FATRO-STALLEN - India

2006

Enlargement of production facilities Maclodio (BS)

2007

Acquisition of FATRO-HELLAS - Greece

2012

Enlargement of production facilities:
- Ozzano Emilia (BO)
- Maclodio (BS)

2016

Establishment of the Logistic Centre (6,600 m2)

2017

Enlargement of production facilities: 
- Ozzano Emilia (BO)
- Maclodio (BS)

2018

Enlargement of production facilities:
- Ozzano Emilia (BO)
- Maclodio (BS)

CURRENT PRODUCTION FACILITY AREA:
• Ozzano Emilia (BO) 105,000 m2
• Maclodio (BS) 11,500 m2